1776 Travel Team 2018/19 Tryout Schedule & Information
1776 United FC is holding travel team tryouts for the 2018/2019 seasonal year (August 1, 2018 to June 1, 2019). All players interested in participating in our travel program are required to register online here and attend the dates indicated below. The schedule is subject to change with any updates being made in a timely manner. Updates to the tryout schedule will be noted in bold purple.
1776 United FC is designed to allow the scholastic athlete to develop, train and compete at the highest levels, in meaningful games as well as be part of top college showcase regional tournaments. If training and playing at the highest level is important to you, become part of the Delaware County’s top development and performing club.
Teams will train 2-3 times per week at regional turf and premier grass level fields, competing in US Youth Soccer's top regional leagues including:
- National League and Region 1 Eastern Regional League
- Top level state cups such as the National Championship Series.
This allows focus on developing and exposing the scholastic athlete to true elite level play and in forums where college coaches (at the high school level) are in attendance. These are all regionally based leagues with national showcase events.
Teams will train a minimum of 2-3 times a week and play a minimum of 25-30 games a year.
- All try-out participants must register online 48 hours prior to their first scheduled age group tryout date. Registration is located here
- There will be a $10.00 tryout registration fee that will be collected online via credit card at the end of the online registration process. Players are only allowed to participate in the tryout if fee is paid. Check-in will start 15 minutes prior to each tryout at the tryout location.
- Players interested in the 1776 FC Program for the 2018/19 season must attend the try-out dates listed below in their birth year age group. Anyone looking to play "up" with an older team MUST attend their appropriate birth year and gain permission from a club director after that session.
- Only players registered for try-outs will receive further information regarding the tryout process via email including weather related schedule changes.
- Players should bring a soccer ball, shinguards, water and appropriate footwear/attire.
- They will all be provided a tryout jersey to be worn to all tryout sessions.
- All tryouts are open -- a player does not have to reside in Wallingford to be part of our program.
- Tryouts are run by nationally accredited, independent, professional youth soccer coaches, the 1776 Director of Coaching and the Technical Committee.
- Players will be evaluated in a game environment including small sided games.
A Club Fee is due by each player to the club for the entire soccer year (Fall and Spring seasons) upon acceptance of an offer after tryouts. This fee is payable online once your player has accepted his/her position after tryout.
Team Fees vary and are set by each team depending on their competition and training program. Team fees are payable directly to each team and may range from $1000 - $2000 annually. These fees are due at various times throughout the year as set by the travel team staff.
AGE GROUP INFORMATION:
EPYSA Travel Age Group Listings for 2018–2019 Season
*per new USSF initiatives -- age groups may be combined with teams playing at the older age level
2006 (U13) Age Group: Players born in the 2006 calendar year
2005 (U14) Age Group: Players born in the 2005 calendar year
2004 (U15) Age Group: Players born in the 2004 calendar year
2003 (U16) Age Group: Players born in the 2003 calendar year
2002 (U17) Age Group: Players born in the 2002 calendar year
2001 (U18) Age Group: Players born in the 2001 calendar year
2000 (U19) Age Group: Players born in the 2000 calendar year
SCHEDULES AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
|AGE GROUP||Birth Year||Format||Tryout #1||Tryout #2||Time||Location||Coaching Staff|
|U-13 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2006||11v11||Mon April 16||Wed April 18||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park|
|U-13 ERL/USYS 1776 GIRLS||2006||11v11||Mon April 16||Wed April 18||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Sam Griggs|
|U-14 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2005||11v11||Tues April 10||Thurs April 12||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||John Warska, Wayne McKinney|
|U-14 ERL/USYS 1776 GIRLS||2005||11v11||Tues April 10||Thurs April 12||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Wayne McMckinney|
|U-15 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2004||11v11||Tues April 17||Thursday April 19||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Brad Jule, John Lenart, Josh Wilson|
|U-15 ERL/USYS 1776 GIRLS||2004||11v11||Tues April 17||Thursday April 19||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Tim Young, Andrew Schapelle|
|U-16 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2003||11v11||Mon April 9||Wed April 11||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Karl Reddick, Pete Meredith|
|U-16 ERL/USYS 1776 GIRLS||2003||11v11||Mon April 9||Wed April 11||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Michelle Jacquette|
|U-17 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2002||11v11||Mon April 23||Wed April 25||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park||Tim Young|
|U-17 ERL/USYS 1776 GIRLS||2002||11v11||Mon April 23||Wed April 25||6:30-7:45PM||Chester Park|
|U-18 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2001||11v11||Contact Coach||Brendan Grady|
|U18 NATL LEAGUE/USYS GIRLS||2001||11v11||Contact Coach||Sam Griggs|
|U-19 ERL/USYS 1776 BOYS||2000||11v11|
|U-19 ERL/USYS1776 GIRLS||2000||11v11||Contact Coach||Sam Griggs|
Questions? Email us here